PAPER CUP CAKE GIFT BOX

by - August 18, 2018

Hello Friends , Welcome back to my blog!! How are you all doing?? My little one who is now 2 years is keeping me busy that I get very little time to craft. This project is very special to me as me and my daughter together teamed up to make this for my husband's birthday.


 This time  I wanted to include my daughter as well for making some gift. So was thinking to create something that my daughter loves so she can also participate in the process. When I saw these cup cake boxes in pinterest I decided that I want to do this as she likes cup cakes. She helped me in punching the flowers( the major work) and choosing the color of the cardstock.
Each cupcake box opens up to a mini accordion fold journal and cookies.



PROCESS:
SUPPLIES NEEDED:
1. Styrofoam balls ( I have used 2.5 inches balls)
2. Paper cup
3. flowers ( punched/ readymade)
4. Embellishments for decoration - craft pearls, lace , streamers etc
5. Hot glue gun
6. Cardstock or pattern paper



These cupcakes are easy to make and are ideal as a gift . They are also cute  as a desk-top decoration.  I followed the tutorial of Miranda ( she has a video tutorial on this project)  to make this project. Check out her blog for some amazing projects here.

Cut the styrofoam balls into half using an exacto knife. For the base of the cup cake measure 2 inches from the bottom of the paper cup and cut it.
Cut a piece of cardstock measuring 12 inches by 2 inches. Using a scoring tool score at every 1/4 inch. Fold back and forth ( accordion fold) and glue it around the paper cup .

Punch different colored flowers and glue them to the styrofoam using hot glue gun. Decorate the frosting with pearls and glitters. The red cherry at the top is made out of modeling clay and painted with red acrylics. Cover the base of the lid / frosting with a circular piece of paper so that the styrofoam base is not visible outside.



I used punched flowers and pearls for decorating the above two cup cakes.


For the above I have used pink streamers and gitter heart.


This one I embellished using black lace and red flowers. 

CUP CAKE STAND:
MATERIALS NEEDED:

1. plastic champagne glass
2. plastic plate/ lid of a tin ( i have used a lid) 
3. e6000 glue ( an strong glue that can bond plastics together) 

                                     


Glue the bottom portion of the glass to the lid using e6000 glue ( the wide portion of the glass should be at the base). Allow it to dry and paint with black acrylics. I decorated the stand using black lace , rhinestone chain, punched flowers and foam roses. Upon the center rose I have inserted a floral wire with glitter hearts and happy birthday sentiment. Add a tiny amount of hot glue to make the wire stand erect. 



I filled each cup cake box with an accordion fold journal and cookies. My husband liked his gift and was very happy and excited to see what's inside each cup cake box. 



Hope you all liked this project. Do post your comments/suggestions. 

Entering to the following challenges:

1. A bit more time to craft - " Anything goes"
2. The crafter's cafe challenge blog -"Birthdays/ buttons"
3. love to create challenge blog  - " Anything goes"
4. More mixed media challenge blog - " Anything mixed media with optional brights"







You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Where are the comments? This is a fantastic project - and you have posted so many details. It is special that your daughter could be involved. Every detail is just great. Thanks for joining the current challenge at the Crafter's cafe - with the theme of birthday and/or buttons. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a really useful and convenient blog. I am new able and your success is an inspiration for me. Your PAPER CUP CAKE GIFT BOX is really attractive, gorgeous and stunning. Your technique to make it is very helpful and uses of flowers makes it more engaging. I really appreciate your work from depth of my heart. I am a businessman and I supply boxes in my city with the help of the custom packaging company The Printing Daddy which makes boxes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I read it a little bit late, I think your message is excellent. I'll be watching for your next blog post. Go to custom printed sweet gift boxes for a ton of amazing information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments