ALTERED PLASTIC SPOONS INTO FRIDGE MAGNETS

by - March 02, 2017

Hello Friends, Hope you all are doing great . Welcome back !! Today am sharing with you all an altered project using spoons.

Two weeks back while I was browsing through pinterest I came across this altered wooden spoons. I liked them very much and wanted to try.  When we got parcel food from a restaurant last week there were some extra plastic spoons.  Also the rotis were packed using a foil and all the boxes were  inside a brown paper bag.  So not only I enjoyed the food but also recycled the plastic spoons, foil paper and brown paper bag and created this project.




I made it in two different themes - mixed media and secret garden.

The making process:
Mixed media theme:
For the mixed media one  I covered the plastic spoon with the left over aluminium foil ( in which rotis were wrapped) to get a grungy texture. Then randomly applied texture paste and gave the spoon a uniform coat of gesso. Now the spoon is ready to take the paints and sprays. I applied violet, dark blue and magenta pearl acrylics and blue acrylic spray. Once I was satisfied with the result I applied antique gold using the dry brush process. I embellished it using punched flowers.



Secret garden spoon:
This idea is inspired from our recycle queen Rupa's altered strainer into a nest. I covered the spoon with a pattern paper and distressed the edges with brown color. The nest is made by shredding the brown paper bag. The flowers are punched using recollection daisy punch and distressed using inks. The leaves are hand cut , the sentiment is hand written and the butterfly is a print out.



After finishing these spoons I wanted to showcase it in an apt place. My 6 month old baby daughter loves seeing the fridge magnets when I take her to kitchen . So glued two magnets each in both the spoons and added it to our fridge magnet collection for her to enjoy.



See you soon with another creative post. Have a nice weekend.

Submitting this to the following challenges:

1 .Rhedd's creative spirit - " Altered art/ mixed media
2. Altered Eclectics - " Altered art"
3. We love to create challenge blog - " Anything creative / mixed media

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. lovely creations...so vibrant and beautiful !! Rupa is an inspiration for all of us !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. Beautiful projects...the nest using brown bag is nice idea...I am inspired by ur creations...will make one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous and such different themes going on. I cannot choose one or the other as a particular favourite because I love them both equally. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. And with my other hat on for Altered Eclectics I echo my previous co,mment - love them. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful altered spoons. Love the idea and your colours. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely vibrant and oozing colors Ramya. Lovely makes and am glad you took inspiration from the strainer, lol! Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a totally fab idea!! I love them both, fantastic colours and textures. Thank you for joining us this month at Altered Eclecics, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This so freakishly clever. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun and I love that you have recycled the throw out into something so bright and happy. We appreciate you joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute!! Love them. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just adorable and beautifully crafted! I am sure your daughter loves her collection of fridge magnets, I know I like them a lot. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments