LOTUS ASANA AND BACKDROP FOR GANESH CHATHURTHI

by - September 18, 2015

Hello Friends, Hope you all are doing great!! Am back after a short vacation to Alaska. Today am posting the decoration and the idol made for Ganesh Chathurthi . Ganesh Chathurthi is one of my favorite festivals as its super fun to do puja for the handmade idol .  Last year when my parents were here, we all made Ganesha idol for the first time referring to this youtube video. You can view that post here. This year too I made a small Ganesha.

I used air dry terracotta clay for making the idol . Once it is dried I painted the idol using acrylics and gave a coat of varnish.


When I was searching for the decoration ideas I came across this lotus asana for Lord Ganesha in a website. So decided to create a similar one using glitter foam sheets. I have used glitter foam sheets as they are easy to cut and paste.



I decided to alter an candle jar for the asana. You can see the step by step pictures for making the lotus asana below.








For the backdrop:
I drew the design on the cardboard and painted the design using acrylics. I hand cut the design and decorated it using silver and white glitter foam sheets. I stuck the backdrop to the candle jar using hot glue gun.



Hope you all like it... Do leave your comments/suggestions... See you soon with another post... Have a crafty weekend...

Reference links:

To make the clay Ganesha idol : Clay Ganesha making tutorial
To view my last year's Ganesha idol and decoration  : Handmade clay ganesha idols

Submitting this project to:

Lulupu challenge blog - " Sparkle and shine "











You May Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for your comments