CUTE MINI HANDBAG

by - August 03, 2014

Hello , Happy Friendship day to all my bloggy pals... Last week my parents and my husband jointly gifted me a sewing machine for my upcoming birthday.  I always wanted a small handbag/ pouch to carry my ipad and books when I go out. So I was very happy to sew my first project of making a mini handbag. Here are some pics..

 I bought the red fabric from walmart. I took measurement such that my books and ipad fits inside and sewed the bag using the sewing machine. I made a crochet handle.


For the lining of the bag I used jute cloth from a rice bag. I removed the zip from my old dress and fixed upon this. 


For decoration I stitched  lace and pearls on the front side of the bag.





Submitting to
Lessology Challenge - " Sew lovely"
Allsorts challenge blog - " Favourite things" - I always wanted to sew , so here is my first project which i thoroughly enjoyed doing. My favourite things  - crochet , lace , pearls and recycle
4 crafty chicks - " Anything goes"
Dream valley challenges - " Favoutite colour combo " - Red and white combination
My craft creations - " Anything goes"




You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wow! its lovely .. love the little handbag..you sewing is perfect .:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! What a perfect idea! Now I just need someone to sew me one...hee hee. You are a beautiful sewer with wonderful ideas! Happy first project on your sewing machine :) Thank you for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge!!

    Tamie 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool project! Really love the fabric! Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh..what a fabulous first project with your new sewing machine! This looks so lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments