CARDBOARD SHELVES USING PACKAGING BOXES

by - August 11, 2014

Hello Friends am very happy and excited about today's post. For a long time I was thinking that it would be nice if i had some big shelves which can accommodate all my craft items. Since I am here in US for a temporary stay I don't want to invest much on furniture as it would be difficult to dispose them if we are moving. So I made  small racks using old cardboard boxes. But it was very small that all the supplies couldn't fit inside. Hence I wanted to make a sturdy and big shelves . When I googled I saw this video on making cardboard shelves. Decided to give it a try and . I fixed that the total cost of the supplies shouldn't go beyond $10. I  bought some packaging boxes from home depot and with the help of my father made these shelves.


I was extremely happy with the end result and made another shelf of the same size.


I wanted the design to be such that it should make space for  
Showcasing my creations
sewing machine
dumbbells
craft supplies
paper rolls
pen stand
brush stand

MEASUREMENTS:

I bought 4 heavy duty medium size cardboard boxes from home depot. I modified the measurements and procedure of the video to suit my needs.
total height of the box = 35"
Total width of the box  = 34"
The most heavy item cardboard shelf cannot withstand is the sewing machine. So I decided to keep it on the floor. The height of the sewing machine is 13.5" so kept the last shelf at this height.


The other two shelves are kept at the equal height of 7". The first shelf I reserved for displaying my craft works. The last row is the floor which consists of heavy items. To prevent the shelves from bending due to weight I made dividers by sticking many cardboard pieces together.


On the side of the shelf I made loops using washi tape for inserting the paper rolls. I cut a cereal box and pasted it on the shelf for storing paper notes or tissues.



The showcase of my crafts



Thus a compact and neat shelf is made for less than $10.


After finishing up with the shelf I found a lot of my handmade cards still lying on the floor. So made a wall art by sticking all the cards on the wall. Thus everything fell into its place and my craft studio looked tidier too. Click here for the tutorial on making these shelves.



You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. you'r blog is cool visit also my blog pal
    http://www.creativehozz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done craft organizer Ramya that too in less than $10 its Amazing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and great idea to make the shelves, They look great and organized!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a super cool idea hun fantastic love it and thanks for linking up at All Crafts hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - thanks for joining us this time at 4 krafty girlz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks For Sharing Cardboard box Info... if you need cardboard boxes for moving house or storage for your office, Nelson Packaging have boxes and cartons of all shapes and sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have created an amazing shelf out of wardrobe storage boxes. I love to read more creative post like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very informative i like it very much keep it up.
    custom Muffin wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created amazing shelves using packaging cardboard boxes. Thank you for sharing this artistic post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is informative . I will make sure to be reading your blog more. Visit OXO Packaging for Custom Printed Child Resistant Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having an individual appearance of their own, clamshell custom boxes make a perfectly high-end package for all your business portfolios,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this artistic post with us. I have some cardboard storage boxes in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get Quality Custom Cardboard Cereal Packaging Boxes to keep your kids’ cereal in safe places with secure packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We work with your best local Dry cleaners Norwich to provide the service directly to your door.Laundry service Norwich

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for writing this quality informational content. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. If you want about App developer India services.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Travel with Blizin to Enjoy the Beauty Of Nature Of Pakistan.
    Hotels in Lahore

    ReplyDelete


  18. Chapter 12: EOQ D = Annual demand (units) S = Cost per order ($) P = Cost per unit ($) I = question-hub Holding cost (%) H = Holding cost ($) = I x P Formula 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐩 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭) = 𝐃 𝐒 𝑸 (Note: when we use Q*, Q in the equation become Q*,) chemistry 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭) = 𝐐 𝐇 𝟐 (Note: when we use …

    ReplyDelete
  19. The big trends in custom packaging boxes industry keep on evolving. Following the modern lifestyle market, these Custom Printed Locking Mailer Boxes come up as one of the popular ones

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you one of those people who believe that looks don't matter? If that's the case, come to a halt right now and listen to what we have to say! In certain cases, appearances aren't important; but, for a brand, appearance is everything! It's just as important as everything else how excellent your
    decorative mailer packaging boxes appears. 'Packaging is the theatre; it tells a tale,' says Mr. Steve Jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey,
    I am learning about different boxes. I am reading many Articles in which talking about Custom Boxes also talking about Custom Pre Roll Display Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tips regrading home depot boxes. You provided the best information which helps us a lot. Thanks for sharing the wonderful information.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Very nice blog, Helpful information my customers who are looking for the custom storage boxes
    , We will share this blog with them"

    ReplyDelete
  24. How you managed to take this informative article and turn it into an interesting piece of writing is simply amazing to me.  I am very impressed with your writing abilities.  I am bookmarking this content. Manufacturers of bespoke cardboard packaging to meet your requirements affordable prices direct from #1 manufacturer free shipping. Bespoke packaging boxes in the most outclass designs and shapes available exclusively at bespoke boxes co.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's such a creative and budget-friendly solution! Making sturdy shelves from Cardboard Boxes is a fantastic idea, especially for those temporary stays.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an ingenious and cost-effective solution! It's heartening to see your creativity in action, especially when faced with the challenge of temporary living and the need for functional yet affordable storage solutions. Repurposing old cardboard boxes for small racks was a clever start, but it's inspiring to see how you took it a step further by creating sturdy and spacious shelves. Cardboard display stands

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments