DIYA STAND USING CARDBOARD

by - November 05, 2015

Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog!! Its five days more for Diwali and I hope you all are doing preparations in full swing to welcome the festival of lights. Seeing all the lovely Diwali crafts by some of the very talented crafters I couldn't resist myself from doing one. I saw these colorful diya stands over the internet and liked the way the lamps are arranged like a step. So made these two diya stands using packaging cardboard and glitter foam sheet.


This diya stand can be gifted to our friends for Diwali and also it can be used as a home decor. They are not only easy to make but are cost effective.



Materials Needed:

1. Packaging cardboard
2. Craft knife
3. Acrylic paints and brushes
4. Decoration items ( Here I have used glitter foam sheets, golden color lace, sequins and stones)

Procedure:
Draw the design you want on a piece of cardstock and cut it out.


Trace this design onto the cardboard and cut it using craft knife.


Cut a base for the design. Make circular openings in the size of the lamp. I have cut it in the size of the T light.


Cut semi circular cardboard pieces such that they fit inside the openings.


Paint the whole design and decorate them of your choice. Using hot glue gun glue all the pieces together.


Since this is a packaging cardboard it cannot withstand heavy weight so do not place earthern lamps on the openings.








Hope you all liked my craft... See you soon.. Keep visiting my blog...

You May Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for your comments